8020 (or other t-slot aluminum products) has become a very way to build a customized, DIY roof rack for your camper van. These 8020 adapter brackets can be combined with the Unaka Gear Promaster Roof Rack Attachment Brackets for an easy and secure way to mount your 8020-style roof rack to a Promaster roof.
We designed our 8020 brackets so that when you mount your cross bars flush with your side rails you only have a 1/2″ clearance between the bottom of your cross bars and the highest point of your roof. Our 8020 Adapter Brackets are precision laser cut out of 5052 Aluminum, formed, and then black anodized for that extra corrosion resistance and a nice finished look. Our formed bracket design is bent just over 90 degrees to compensate for the slight roof angles where your rack brackets attach to. Each bracket includes the hardware you need to secure your 15 Series (1.5″) Aluminum Extrusion 8020 Profile to our bracket. All the provided hardware is stainless steel including the t-nuts.
Mounting Solar Panels To Your Roof Rack?
Check out these complimentary flush mount solar brackets!
Features and Benefits
- Robust Design
- Easy to Install
- Light Weight
- Black Anodized 5052 Aluminum is made to withstand all of mother nature’s harshest environments
- Stainless Steel Hardware
- Designed for minimum cross bar clearance over the highest roof point
Rack Bracket Set Includes
- 2 x Black Anodized Laser Cut and Formed 8020 Adapter Brackets
- 2 x Hardware Kits which includes two Stainless Steel 5/16″-18 Flanged Button Head Cap Screws and 5/16″ T-nuts for 15 Series Aluminum Extrusion.
- We recommend adding some Blue 242 Loctite to the threads of your bolts when you do the final installation. Even though we do not expect any, we recommend that you periodically check the hardware to ensure that nothing has loosened over time.