Ram Promasters are great vans for both work and for play but when it comes to mounting a roof rack they didn’t make it easy. Unaka Gear Company is proud to bring you a new Ram Promaster roof rack bracket that can be used for a Do It Yourself roof rack using unistrut or 8020, a custom roof rack, or a commercial roof rack. Whether you are making a ladder rack, a low profile rack for your solar panels, or a full size rack with a deck to stand on these are the brackets for you.
Our two piece Ram Promaster roof rack brackets are made from extruded 6061 Aluminum. The finished features are then precision machined using a CNC mill so that every part meets the highest standards. After machining they are black anodized to give them further corrosion resistance to the elements. The contact points between the roof rack brackets and your van are protected by extruded Neoprene Rubber Trim eliminating the potential to mark or rub the paint of your van. The open profile design will not allow rain water to be trapped underneath the bracket eliminating any concerns that some other products on the market may have. Each rack bracket set includes two Stainless Steel bolts and washers to withstand the test of time.
Our brackets work great with some of the common DIY rack materials. If you use our brackets with Unistrut you will not have to modify the strut slots like you will with some other brands. We also offer 8020 adapter brackets which make building an 8020 (or other t-slot aluminum) roof rack a breeze.
Even though we do provide each set of brackets with a standard set of hardware, these brackets can be used with any length bolt. This gives you the flexibility to bolt any thickness material to your roof whether it is aluminum extrusion, unistrut, a custom roof rack, or even a 2 x 4. Just simply adjust your bolt length to make up the difference of the thicker material.
Mounting Solar Panels To Your Roof Rack?
Check out these complimentary flush mount solar brackets!
Overall Dimensions: 3.125″ Long x 1.125″ Wide x 1″ Tall with 2″ center to center bolt hole spacing. **These dimensions do not include the thickness of the rubber on the bottom edges.
Features and Benefits
- Robust Design
- Easy to Install
- Light Weight
- Black Anodized 6061 Aluminum is made to withstand all of mother nature’s harshest environments
- Open profile design eliminates the possibility for water to get trapped under the bracket
- Extruded Neoprene Rubber Trim protects the paint on your van where the brackets are installed
- Stainless Steel Hardware
Rack Bracket Set Includes
- 2 x Custom Lower Nut Plate
- 2 x Custom Support Channel with neoprene trim
- 2 x SS Hardware Kit which includes two SS Hex Bolts 5/16”-18 x 1.125” LG and two SS 5/16” washers)
- We recommend adding some Blue 242 Loctite to the threads of your bolts when you do the final installation. Even though we do not expect any, we recommend that you periodically check the hardware to ensure that nothing has loosened over time.
- If you are installing these brackets with Uni-Strut the over sized washers we also provide should be used in addition to the standard washers we provide. This is to ensure your hardware will not pull through the larger slots in the Uni-strut.