Jobs & Opportunities
The positions we’re hiring for are below. But, as a growing company, we’re always looking for talented, driving people – particularly those who are passionate about vanlife and helping our customers! So, if you’re interested in joining our team in the future, we’d love to hear from you now. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know about yourself, your background, and your unique skills!
Vanlife Jedi – Fun Company & Work Environment!
Do you have an interest in vanlife? Would you like to talk to people all day about camper vans? Do you want to increase your knowledge of vanlife and camper van builds? Do you want to work with amazing people, in an awesome environment, with excellent benefits?
If you found yourself answering a resounding YES to all the above questions then keep reading because your dream job is below! …But first what is a Vanlife Jedi and who is Vanlife Outfitters anyways?
Vanlife Outfitters has been the established leader in the camper van community since 2016. In 2020, we launched an online store selling products for both professional and DIY camper van builders which is growing rapidly. We offer a broad range of carefully curated products ranging from fully unique products to marine-grade appliances and other road-tested components. This rapid growth means that we need to add reliable and responsible members to the team.
A Vanlife Jedi is someone who is familiar with the Vanlife market and the products used in camper vans and RVs. As a Vanlife Jedi, you will work closely with a tight-knit team to ensure customers are being assisted properly and with immediacy. The Vanlife Jedi will play a crucial role in ensuring customers purchase the right product for their needs or receive top-notch support for products they’ve already bought. Vanlife Jedis will also have the opportunity to work on fun and exciting vanlife-related projects when they’re not talking to customers….But what about our customers?
Our customers are awesome! You’ll be talking to fun, laid-back, adventurous and interesting people all day…most of whom will be extremely excited to be talking to a Vanlife Jedi from Vanlife Outfitters. They need guidance on what products to choose and support on products they’ve purchased in the past. Our customers are generally very nice, excited about their van projects and grateful for our service and support. 95% of calls and interactions are positive!
Our ideal candidates are vanlifers (or vanlifers at heart) themselves who would like to support others in the community while earning money in a rewarding career. You’ll be joining a team of other Vanlife Jedis who will assist you in teaching you to use the force until you are comfortable. Your primary hours will be Monday through Friday from 10am EST to 6pm EST but we are flexible. You will work out of the Sarasota headquarters, but will eventually have the opportunity to work some days remotely.
This is a great ground-floor opportunity to join a startup in the fast-growing RV/“vanlife” market. You’ll be paid a competitive hourly rate, excellent benefits and work in a friendly, laid-back atmosphere. You’ll also have the ability to partially define your schedule. Perhaps best of all you’ll be mentored by highly experienced colleagues and have time to install, test, experiment with, and, sometimes break (and fix) all the products we sell as a way of honing your Jedi skills.
- Assist customers who have questions or concerns about the ordering/shipping process or anything else related such as lead times, shipping quotes, product availability, etc.
- Discuss our products with customers including which products would be best for their needs, comparing products, explaining how products work, offering honest opinions, detailing installation and use of products and more.
- Coordinate large orders including product bundles, discounts and processing payments.
- Assist customers needing installations or service with our network of professional builder partners.
- Troubleshoot product issues or concerns.
- Following up with customers who have questions and concerns about existing orders.
- Updating orders with notes pertaining to order issues.
- Helping customers with how to install or how to use products.
- Contacting professional van builders to tell them the benefits of our Builder Network.
- Creating content directly related to customer service efforts including writing FAQs, documenting processes, shooting FAQ videos for YouTube or social media, contributing to our blog, etc.
- Assisting with marketing, blogs and social media
- Assisting with product research and testing.
- Assisting around the warehouse as needed.
- Documenting and streamlining your job. Part of your job will always be documenting what you do and finding ways to improve or streamline processes.
- You’ll need a fully functional laptop computer with a reliable internet connection and an Android or iOS mobile device.
- In addition, you’ll be provided access to our suite of tools and resources including:
- Our extensive (and growing) knowledge base (Guru) full of product info, FAQs and technical resources.
- Email, chat and voice/phone platforms (Front, RingCentral, etc.) to communicate with customers.
- Our ecommerce platform (WooComerce) for detailed information about order, shipments and keeping notes on customer communication.
- QuickBooks for orders and payments.
Requirements / Skills:
- Extremely friendly, outgoing and helpful.
- Willing to go the extra mile to make our customers happy.
- Curiosity – you should be driven to learn and grow your knowledge and skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication including the ability to clearly explain complex information.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to multitask and self-manage while demonstrating good judgment and skillful prioritization.
- Ability to listen carefully and analyze needs and issues.
- A positive and engaged “can-do” attitude with the ability to self-manage and prioritize work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Comfortable with modern technology and tools with the ability and aptitude to learn new systems.
- Ability to perform tasks with a sound mind and body.
- Able to closely follow procedures and communicate information to team members effectively.
- (Preferred) customer service experience (2 years +)
- (Preferred) experience with camper vans and converting cargo vans into camper vans either personally or professionally.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $38,000-$42,000 per year (based on experience).
- Health and dental benefits after 90 days of employment.
- Ability to work remotely or from home occasionally.
- Paid time off 10 business days (accumulating).
- Periodic raises based on performance and skills.
Year-end bonuses based on performance and skills.
- Opportunities to grow into other roles with a fast-growing company.
- Weekly/Monthly team lunches.
- Non-corporate, laid-back atmosphere with an awesome team of positive and motivated people.
- Great discounts on van building components if you’re interested in your own camper van.
How To Apply:
To apply please email email@example.com with your resume and a short introduction to yourself and why you think you’d be a good fit for this role.