The Lynx Smart BMS is a dedicated Battery Management System for Victron Lithium Smart Batteries. There are multiple BMS options available for Victron Smart Lithium series of batteries, and the Lynx Smart is the most feature rich and complete option. Its main features are:
- Built-in 500A contactor, used as a fall-back safety mechanism and also available as a remote controllable main systems switch
- Battery monitor, indicating state of charge percentage and more data.
- Pre-alarm signal: provide a warning before the system shuts down due to -for example- a low cell.
- Bluetooth for use with VictronConnect App, setup and monitoring.
- Local and remote monitoring using a Victron GX device like the the Cerbo GX.
The Lynx Smart BMS is part of the modular Lynx Distribution system. For instance it can be paired with a Lynx Power In and a Lynx Distributor as shown in the diagram below. The Lynx Smart BMS can be wired up to a Lynx Distributor to monitor the condition of the fuses (wires included with the Lynx Distributor) all of which can be seen via Bluetooth with the VictronConnect app.