We Fully Support DIY Installations! Unlike many authorized Webasto distributors, Vanlife Outfitters fully supports DIY installers. Our entire team has been trained to become Webasto certified "experts". Together with our distribution partner, we maintain a wide range products and replacement parts in-stock. If you experience a problem with your Webasto unit within the warranty period, we will work with you to determine the cause of failure and will either attempt to give instruction on how to correct any faulty workmanship or supply a replacement part. If a replacement part is needed we will send you the part immediately from their stock at no charge so that you can get up and running as quickly as possible. Of course, we rely on you to return any faulty parts in order to be reimbursed for the warranty repair.
We encourage you to watch our detailed Webasto heater installation and tips & tricks video.
If you're tempted to purchase your Webasto heater at a ridiculously low price from other online retailers, you should be aware that these are often European origin kits that are not compatible with all the North American parts and do not include some important parts. We have an extensive blog post about this here.
You may also be interested in our video comparing the Webasto Air Top 2000 to the EVO 40 heater.
For your safety we recommend that you install a carbon monoxide detector in your van anytime you have any fuel burning appliance like a Webasto heater or propane cooktop. They are widely available. We sell this combination CO2 and propane detector.
Enjoy years of reliable heating with a genuine Webasto Air Top EVO 40 gasoline powered air heater!
The heater has an output range of 5118 BTU to 13650 BTU (1.5 kilowatt – 4 kilowatt) and can provide heat for up to 14 hours on just 1 gallon of fuel! Fuel consumption is rated between .07 to .15 gallons per hour.
Unlike the smaller Air Top 2000 STC model, this EVO 40 heater is capable of running extensively at high altitude up to 7,200 feet with automatic altitude adjustment.
You’ll have peace of mind with a Webasto-backed two years or 2000 operation hours warranty.
Webasto Air Top EVO 40 dimensions: 16.65" long x 5.82" wide x 6.37" tall.
What’s In The Box
- Heater unit
- Includes the 3.0 version of the SmarTemp digital controller which has Bluetooth control and integrated remote temp sensor.
- Universal medium-duty fuel tank standpipe
- Fuel pump with wiring harness
- Fuel line with required fittings and fuel filter
- Mounting plate with foam gasket and bolts
- Wiring harness
- 1.2 meter (3.9 feet) flexible stainless steel exhaust hose (24mm)
- 1 meter (3.2 feet) aluminum combustion air intake hose (24mm)
- 1.5 meters (4.9 feet) of 90mm “primary” ducting
- 1 meter (3.2 feet) of 60mm “branch” ducting
- Adapter Y for ducting (90mm to 60mm)
- 1x 90mm and 1x 60mm louver/vent
- Installation/operation manual