The BMS in a system with lithium batteries is responsible for making sure the batteries are not overly charged, overly discharged or are too hot or too cold in order to prevent damage to the batteries.
- Shuts down or disconnect loads in case of imminent cell under voltage, –
Reduces charge current in case of imminent cell overvoltage or over temperature (VE.Bus products only)
- Shuts down or disconnects battery chargers in case of imminent cell overvoltage or over temperature.
- The operating voltage range of the BMS is from 9 to 70V DC.
- The VE.Bus BMS connects to a MultiPlus, Quattro or Phoenix inverter with a standard RJ45 UTP cable.
- The Load Disconnect output can be used to control the remote on/off of a load or electronic relay
- The Charge Disconnect output can be used to control the remote on/off of a charger, load relay or battery combiner