We encourage you to watch our detailed Webasto heater installation and tips & tricks video.
If you're tempted to purchase your Webasto heater at a ridiculously low price from other online retailers, you should be aware that these are often European origin kits that are not compatible with all the North American parts and do not include some important parts. We have an extensive blog post about this here.
You may also be interested in our video comparing the Webasto Air Top 2000 to the EVO 40 heater.
For your safety we recommend that you install a carbon monoxide detector in your van anytime you have any fuel burning appliance like a Webasto heater or propane cooktop. They are widely available. We sell this combination CO2 and propane detector.
About the Fan
Webasto heaters have a variable speed fan that runs continuously when the heater is on. It runs very slowly when not heating and ramps up speed when heating. If you have a SmarTemp digital controller you can use a "fan only" mode.
Enjoy years of reliable heating with a genuine Webasto Air Top EVO 40 diesel powered air heater!
The heater has an output range of 5118 BTU to 13650 BTU (1.5 kilowatt – 4 kilowatt) and can provide heat for up to 14 hours on just 1 gallon of fuel! Fuel consumption is rated between .07 to .15 gallons per hour.
New, Higher Altitude Capabilities
In the summer of 2023, Webasto released this newer version of the diesel EVO 40 that is now capable of operating up to 18,000′ (5,500m). Previous models were rated up to 7,200 feet. Note that the gasoline models are still rated for 7,200 feet. This newer version has the model number of 5013908B and is what we’re now selling!
You’ll have peace of mind with a Webasto-backed two years or 2000 operation hours warranty.
Webasto Air Top EVO 40 dimensions: 16.65" long x 5.82" wide x 6.37" tall.
NOTE: The color of the combustion air intake hose may vary between black or silver. They are effectively equal and Webasto uses them interchangeably depending on what's in stock.
Unboxing & Install Tips Video
What’s In The Box
- Heater unit
- Includes the 3.0 version of the SmarTemp digital controller which has Bluetooth control and integrated remote temp sensor.
- Universal medium-duty fuel tank standpipe
- Fuel pump with wiring harness
- Fuel line with required fittings and fuel filter
- Mounting plate with foam gasket and bolts
- Wiring harness
- 1.2 meter (3.9 feet) flexible stainless steel exhaust hose (24mm)
- 1 meter (3.2 feet) aluminum combustion air intake hose (24mm)
- 1.5 meters (4.9 feet) of 90mm “primary” ducting
- 1 meter (3.2 feet) of 60mm “branch” ducting
- Adapter Y for ducting (90mm to 60mm)
- 1x 90mm and 1x 60mm louver/vent
- Installation/operation manual