In this episode we discuss “What is vanlife and why should I care?” Our guests for this episode were Austin and Janna Jenkins and Mars and Ash Fite (both participants’ info is listed below). The discussion turned out super entertaining and informative and we had many different perspectives (from the family, couple and single vanlifer’s point of views).
Some of the topics we discussed were how we all got into vanlife, what are some of the challenges (and also favorite parts) of life on the road, how does everyone make a living, a typical day in the life of a vanlifer, advice for new vanlifers, and much much more.
Special Thanks to the panel guests from this episode:
Coming Soon in this Van Talks Video Series
- Episode 1 - What is Vanlife and Why Should I Care?
- Episode 2 - Tips on Choosing Your Van/Rig
- Episode 3 - Design: Defining Your Layout/Build Goals/Budget
- Episode 4 - The Build Process
- Episode 5 - Build Tips & Tricks
- Episode 6 - Deep Dive - Electrical
- Episode 7 - Deep Dive - Plumbing
- Episode 8 - Deep Dive - Comforts: Air Conditioning/Heating/Hot Water
- Episode 9 - Finding Places to Camp, Get Water, Dump, etc.
- Episode 10 - What To Pack - Best Things for Life On The Road
- Episode 11 - Insuring your DIY Campervan
We Appreciate Your Support!We encourage you to shop our store. We've carefully curated the best products that are not readily available – from one-of-a-kind products for Promaster camper van builds to the best appliances and products we use on our own vans. Also, when you buy from us, you help Vanlife Outfitters support the vanlife community with a portion of all our profits.
But, let's be real - we fully realize that the vast majority of you are going to get a lot of your build materials from Amazon because they sell everything and have Prime shipping. So, In addition to the unique items we sell in our our store, we've put together an extensive list of products we use on our builds.
Many of our links, including those to Amazon are "affiliate links" which means that if you click on one of them, we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. This helps support the blog and allows us to continue to create new content. We only recommend products that we've used.
You can support our blog by using this link when shopping on Amazon. For more details and other disclosures please read my policies and disclosures page. Thanks!