Bundle Includes The Following with FREE Shipping
- Your choice of MultiPlus inverter/charger – the original 12/2000/80, the newer 12/2000/80, the original 12/3000/120, the newer MultiPlus II 12/3000/120 or the dual phase/240 volt capable MultiPlus II 12/3000/120. Please feel free to contact us if you’re not sure which one to choose! The most popular options are the original 12/3000/120 or the newer MultiPlus II 12/3000/120.
- A Victron MK3 to USB Interface that helps you to program/configure your MultiPlus inverter/charger (details on this process).
- The Lynx Distributor (does the work of two bus bars and a whole bunch of fuses)
- Battery/system monitoring of your choice below.
Your Choice Of Monitoring/Inverter Control Options
1) If you want a simple and effective battery monitoring option with a display panel that you can access with the Victron Connect app via Bluetooth, you can choose the “Victron Energy BMV-712 Battery Monitor” option. That option comes with the Digital MultiControl remote control panel for the inverter/charger which allows you to turn the MultiPlus inverter/charger on/off, put the inverter into charger only mode and also quickly set the maximum current the inverter should use from whatever shore power connection you’re using so that you don’t trip the breaker.
2) If you want a fancier monitoring option with a color touch screen interface that can connect up to your inverter/charger, solar controller and other charging devices like an Orion DC-DC charger, you can upgrade you can upgrade to the Cerbo GX monitoring. This option omits the BMV-712 battery monitor and adds the 500 amp SmartShunt for battery monitoring. We offer two versions of the Cerbo GX in this bundle: the original Cerbo GX or a less-expensive Cerbo-S GX that does not have the analog temperature sensor inputs, the resistive tank monitoring inputs, and the BMS.Can port. This PDF datasheet compares the two shipping models. If you use a digital temp sensor like the Bluetooth Ruuvitags we sell or a digital tank monitoring solution like the SeeLevel system the removed ports on the Cerbo-S GX are not needed. The Cerbo GX offers sophisticated monitoring and control of the components of your electrical system – both locally in your van and, if you choose, “in the cloud” through their VRM portal online. In addition to monitoring, you can control your MultiPlus inverter/charger from the touch display.
One VE.Direct cable is included with the Cerbo GX monitoring upgrade to connect the SmartShunt to the Cerbo GX. Be sure to add additional VE.Direct cables (3′) for your solar charge controller if you have one (or more) and any other VE.Direct capable Victron Energy devices. Note, you can use a standard Ethernet cable (UTP cable) to connect your inverter/charger to the Cerbo GX using the VE.Bus.
This upgrade also omits the Digital MultiControl remote control panel for the MultiPlus inverter/charger from the bundle. Why? While it is possible to combine the the Cerbo GX with a Digital MultiControl in a system, if you have both, the ability to switch the MultiPlus on/off or set it into charge only mode from the Cerbo GX is removed. The same applies to the input current limit: when there is a Digital MultiControl in the system, the input current limit cannot be configured from the Cerbo GX.
- One or more Victron SuperPack lithium battery(s) with integrated BMS.
- Orion DC-DC charger for charging from your alternator when driving
- Your choice of either the 100/30 SmartSolar Charge Controller (100 volts, 35 amps), 150/35 SmartSolar Charge Controller (150 volts, 35 amps) OR the 100/50 SmartSolar Charge Controller (100 volts, 50 amps) OR the 150/75 SmartSolar Charge Controller. Need help knowing what size solar charge controller you need? Check out this awesome calculator.
Electrical/Power System Products
When purchasing electrical system components, the customer acknowledges that they are responsible for installing the products safely according to the manufacturer's guidelines and using the correct wiring and configuration. Any damage caused to products, vehicle or person is the sole responsibility of the customer. The team at Vanlife Outfitters is happy to answer any product questions and we'll do our best to help you design and troubleshoot your system. We also offer a wide range of example power systems and other informational content. If you need help understanding power systems, designing your particular power system or troubleshooting complex issues on systems we did not provide/sell, we offer consulting services for camper van electrical systems. We highly recommend that you have your electrical system installed by a qualified ABYC or Victron Energy certified technician.