Bundle Includes The Following with FREE Ground Shipping
- Your choice of MultiPlus inverter/charger – the original 12/2000/80, the newer 12/2000/80, the original 12/3000/120, the newer MultiPlus II 12/3000/120 or the dual phase/240 volt capable MultiPlus II 12/3000/120. Please feel free to contact us if you’re not sure which one to choose! The most popular options are the original 12/3000/120 or the newer MultiPlus II 12/3000/120.
- A Victron MK3 to USB Interface that helps you to program/configure your MultiPlus inverter/charger (details on this process).
- The Lynx Distributor (does the work of two bus bars and a whole bunch of fuses)
- Battery/system monitoring of your choice below.
Your Choice Of Monitoring/Inverter Control Options
1) If you want a simple and effective battery monitoring option with a display panel that you can access with the Victron Connect app via Bluetooth, you can choose the “Victron Energy BMV-712 Battery Monitor” option. That option comes with the Digital MultiControl remote control panel for the inverter/charger which allows you to turn the MultiPlus inverter/charger on/off, put the inverter into charger only mode and also quickly set the maximum current the inverter should use from whatever shore power connection you’re using so that you don’t trip the breaker.
2) If you want a fancier monitoring option with a color touch screen interface that can connect up to your inverter/charger, solar controller and other charging devices like an Orion DC-DC charger, you can upgrade your bundle to the “Upgrade to Cerbo GX with GX Touch Monitoring”. This option omits the BMV-712 battery monitor and adds the 500 amp SmartShunt for battery monitoring instead and also adds a Cerbo GX, the GX Touch 50 and a nice plastic trim piece for the GX Touch 50.
One VE.Direct cable is included with the Cerbo GX monitoring upgrade to connect the SmartShunt to the Cerbo GX. Be sure to add additional VE.Direct cables (3′) for your solar charge controller if you have one (or more) and any other VE.Direct capable Victron Energy devices. Note, you can use a standard Ethernet cable (UTP cable) to connect your inverter/charger to the Cerbo GX using the VE.Bus.
This upgrade also omits the Digital MultiControl remote control panel for the MultiPlus inverter/charger from the bundle. Why? While it is possible to combine the the Cerbo GX with a Digital MultiControl in a system, if you have both, the ability to switch the MultiPlus on/off or set it into charge only mode from the Cerbo GX is removed. The same applies to the input current limit: when there is a Digital MultiControl in the system, the input current limit cannot be configured from the Cerbo GX.
- One or more Victron SuperPack lithium battery(s) with integrated BMS.
- Orion DC-DC charger for charging from your alternator when driving
- Your choice of either the 100/30 SmartSolar Charge Controller (100 volts, 35 amps), 150/35 SmartSolar Charge Controller (150 volts, 35 amps) OR the 100/50 SmartSolar Charge Controller (100 volts, 50 amps) OR the 150/75 SmartSolar Charge Controller. Need help knowing what size solar charge controller you need? Check out this awesome calculator.
Please see our terms & conditions regarding electrical and power system products. Many of our customers are DIY van builders but, if you're not familiar with power systems, you might consider hiring a ABYC or Victron Energy certified professional to assist with this part of your build. The team at Vanlife Outfitters is happy to answer any product questions but we do not assist in system design or configuration or troubleshooting for free. However, we do offer a wide range of example power systems and other informational content. If you need help understanding power systems, designing your particular power system or troubleshooting issues, we offer consulting services for camper van electrical systems.
Unlike most retailers (we're looking at you, Amazon), Vanlife Outfitters is committed helping our customers in any way we can and we have free information on our site including detailed example power systems. We would love to sit on the phone with each and every one of our customers while they figure out how to install their system or if they wired something incorrectly but we would need to hire a team of electricians to do that and, frankly, we would rather keep our prices low and offer paid consulting instead.