While relatively new to the North American market, this third generation Dometic CoolAir been around for over ten years in Europe and are designed to provide the maximum amount of cooling while consuming less energy than their predecessor models. In fast, the new RTX 2000 rooftop units generate more than twice the cooling power at the same running time. All of this is possible thanks to the use of a variable speed inverter compressor, which makes for excellent cooling performance and amazingly efficient and quiet operation. In addition, the CoolAir is amazingly quiet with it’s two-cylinder compressor and features a large, high-contrast display that shows the individually adjustable air distribution, the four operating modes – and the adaptive automatic mode of the air conditioner.
Note: unlike most rooftop air conditioners and vent fans that use a square 14″ x 14″ hole/opening on the roof, this unit requires a slightly larger 14.5″ x 14″ opening. A larger, cardboard template that is roughly 19″ x 15″ is included in the box but you can actually use a smaller opening. This video details this opening size well.
Not sure which unit is best for your rig? Check out our comparison spreadsheet to see many of the most important data points across the various units at a glance. We'll be continually adding to this reference over time and expanding it with as much "real world" testing as we can!
Exterior dimensions: 25.4″ long x 33.9″ wide x 6.6″ tall.
This unit is AC only, there is no “fan only” mode for recirculating air.
Exterior Shroud Color Options
The exterior/rooftop shroud comes in white but can be sprayed with a variety of other colors. Pricing above.
Complete Installation Kit Included:
- AC unit with exterior shroud
- 8 meter (26.24 feet) wiring harness for the 12 volt DC supply (4 AWG wire) and 3/8″ cable lugs
- 200 amp rated fuse holder and 80 amp fuse for 12 volt DC positive supply circuit protection
- 2 amp fuse, fuse holder and electrical connectors for voltage “signal wire” from the 12 volt DC supply
- Rubber rooftop seal
- Support brackets and all mounting hardware (nuts, bolts, washers, etc.)
- Roof opening template (see our notes above)