We Fully Support DIY Installations! Unlike many authorized Webasto distributors, Vanlife Outfitters fully supports DIY installers. Our entire team has been trained to become Webasto certified "experts". Together with our distribution partner, we maintain a wide range products and replacement parts in-stock. If you experience a problem with your Webasto unit within the warranty period, we will work with you to determine the cause of failure and will either attempt to give instruction on how to correct any faulty workmanship or supply a replacement part. If a replacement part is needed we will send you the part immediately from their stock at no charge so that you can get up and running as quickly as possible. Of course, we rely on you to return any faulty parts in order to be reimbursed for the warranty repair.
We encourage you to watch our detailed Webasto heater installation and tips & tricks video.
If you're tempted to purchase your Webasto heater at a ridiculously low price from other online retailers, you should be aware that these are often European origin kits that are not compatible with all the North American parts and do not include some important parts. We have an extensive blog post about this here.
You may also be interested in our video comparing the Webasto Air Top 2000 to the EVO 40 heater.
For your safety we recommend that you install a carbon monoxide detector in your van anytime you have any fuel burning appliance like a Webasto heater or propane cooktop. They are widely available. We sell this combination CO2 and propane detector.
This kit comes with a genuine Webasto Air Top 2000 STC diesel powered air heater and three unique “add-ons” for a complete installation in a camper van!
The heater has an output range of 3070 BTU to 7000 BTU (1 kilowatt – 2 kilowatt) and can provide heat for up to 22 hours on just 1 gallon of fuel!
You’ll have peace of mind with a Webasto-backed two years or 2000 operation hours warranty.
Webasto Air Top 2000 STC dimensions: 12.24" long x 4.72" wide x 4.72" tall.
The Transit Webasto Kit Includes
Base Webasto Air Top 2000 STC Diesel Heater
- Heater unit
- Rheostat controller
- Universal fuel tank standpipe
- Fuel pump with wiring harness
- Fuel line with required fittings and fuel filter
- Mounting plate with foam gasket and bolts
- Wiring harness
- 1 meter (3.2 feet) flexible stainless steel exhaust hose
- .5 meter (1.6 feet) aluminum combustion air intake hose
- Installation/operation manual
- 1 meter (3.2 feet) 60mm ducting with louvers. If you need additional ducting or vents, check out our ducting/vent configuration tool!
Air Intake Noise Suppression Add-On
- Air intake silencer
- 1 meter of additional air intake hose
- Silencer mounting clamp
- Straight mounting hanger
- Angled mounting hanger
- Tubing mounting clamp
Combustion Air Noise Suppression Add-On
- 22mm exhaust muffler
- Stainless steel muffler clamps
- 1 meter of additional stainless steel exhaust hose
- Stainless steel mounting clips
- Straight mounting hangers
- Angled mounting hangers
Fuel Line Tap Add-On
- Genuine Webasto push lock fuel tank adapter for Transit vans that allows you to easily tap into the auxiliary fuel ports built into the vehicle.
- Elbow adapter to connect the barbed end of the push lock to the standard size Webasto fuel line supplied in the heater kit
- Clamps to secure both ends of the elbow with a few spares included
Set of Louvers
- Set of Louvers
- 1M Duct