We Fully Support DIY Installations
Unlike many authorized Webasto distributors, Vanlife Outfitters fully supports DIY installers. Our entire team has been trained to become Webasto certified "experts". Together with our distribution partner, we maintain a wide range products and replacement parts in-stock. If you experience a problem with your Webasto unit within the warranty period, we will work with you to determine the cause of failure and will either attempt to give instruction on how to correct any faulty workmanship or supply a replacement part. If a replacement part is needed we will send you the part immediately from their stock at no charge so that you can get up and running as quickly as possible. Of course, we rely on you to return any faulty parts in order to be reimbursed for the warranty repair.
Please check out our blog post about Webasto heaters, how to install them and why you should seriously consider buying them from us (or another North American distributor) instead of the amazingly cheap units from Russia!
This kit comes with a genuine Webasto Air Top 2000 STC gasoline powered air heater and three unique “add-ons” for a complete installation in a camper van!
The heater has an output range of 3070 BTU to 6800 BTU (1 kilowatt – 2 kilowatt) and can provide heat for up to 22 hours on just 1 gallon of fuel!
You’ll have peace of mind with a Webasto-backed two years or 2000 operation hours warranty.
The Promaster/Sprinter Webasto Kit Includes
Base Webasto Air Top 2000 STC Gasoline Heater
- Heater unit
- Rheostat controller
- Universal fuel tank standpipe
- Fuel pump with wiring harness
- Fuel line with required fittings and fuel filter
- Mounting plate with foam gasket and bolts
- Wiring harness
- 1 meter (3.2 feet) flexible stainless steel exhaust hose
- .5 meter (1.6 feet) aluminum combustion air intake hose
- Installation/operation manual
- Note: no ducting or louvers/vents are included with this kit. If you need ducting or vents we sell the ducting, vents/louvers or a kit with a short piece of ducting and a louver that you can add to your order.
Air Intake Noise Suppression Add-On
- Air intake silencer
- 1 meter of additional air intake hose
- Silencer mounting clamp
- Straight mounting hanger
- Angled mounting hanger
- Tubing mounting clamp
Combustion Air Noise Suppression Add-On
- 22mm exhaust muffler
- Stainless steel muffler clamps
- 1 meter of additional stainless steel exhaust hose
- Stainless steel mounting clips
- Straight mounting hangers
- Angled mounting hangers
Fuel Line Tap Add-On
- Genuine Webasto push lock fuel tank adapter for Promaster or Sprinter vans that allows you to easily tap into the auxiliary fuel ports built into the vehicle.
- Elbow adapter to connect the barbed end of the push lock to the standard size Webasto fuel line supplied in the heater kit
- Clamps to secure both ends of the elbow with a few spares included
High Altitude Information
This Air Top 2000 STC is Webasto's smallest heater which is a great form factor for a camper van and is generally plenty powerful to keep you warm (2 kilowatt heating capacity). However, the small burner on these heaters is susceptible to excessive carbon build up - particularly the gasoline models. Diesel fuel is more forgiving in this context. Webasto has designed this heater to work optimally up to 4,900 feet altitude. If you're going to be spending a lot of time at higher elevations you should consider using the larger Air Top EVO 40 heater (4 kilowatt heating capacity) which is physically larger and therefore has a larger burner chamber which enables it to be used up to 7,200 effectively without the risk of carbon buildup issues and has "automatic" altitude adjustment capability. It's worth noting that Espar does not sell at 2 kilowatt heater - they're smallest gasoline heater is the B4 which is a 4 kilowatt heater that is similar to the Webasto EVO 40. So, while the Air Top 2000 STC will work at higher altitudes for shorter periods of time but Webasto does not recommend it and, if you do, you should run the heater at "full load" (turned up all the way) when you return to lower altitudes for at least a few hours in order to try to clean out the burner chamber. By the way, the EVO 40 uses the exact same mounting plate and "bolt pattern" for installation. So, if the larger form factor fits into your installation location you can put an EVO 40 into the same place as an Air Top 2000 STC.
Want to learn more? We recorded a one hour video interview with a Webasto tech that has a lot of great information you can watch the full video or use this link to jump to the part of the video where we discuss using an Air Top 2000 STC at altitude.
Other Parts You Might Need For Your Installation
We also sell a variety of helpful installation parts including ducting to mounting plates. If you plan on having more than one vent/louver from your heater's hot air outlet, you may want some "T" or "Y" fittings or ducting. This PDF file illustrates all the parts available from Webasto for this purpose which we can special order for you! The Air Top 2000 STC uses the 60mm ducting/parts. Please contact us for pricing and availability.