This is video features in-depth tour of the van that won Best In Show at Peace Love & Vans Florida 2023. Over 100 vans competed in the DIY Build competition, and we narrowed the field down to 12 Best In Row vans. The final round of judging was tough and there were so many incredible vans. At the end of the day, this van affectionately named “Carmen” by owners Ted and Mary Milburn (IonDesignVan on Instagram) checked off all the boxes. It featured a very clever floorplan, charming character, meticulous attention to detail, highly advanced systems, efficient use of space and attractive interior design choices. A few of our favorite features of this van include:
- Dedicated Secondary Alternator Charging System w/ Lithionics Batteries and Victron Energy Components.
- Mabru Air Conditioner w/ custom vent grille and Webasto Air Top 2000 Heater for optimal temperature regulation.
- Fiamma F80S awning that extends their living space and a Fiamma Carry-Bike on the rear doors for bringing along their bikes.
- A living room with Murphy bed that converts the space into a bedroom.
- Full kitchen with lots of counter space and custom-built organizers in drawers and cabinets.
- High-end finishes and interior design choices.
View the full van tour video to see more about this van and its amazing owners. Be sure to check out our store for the best, road-tested products available for your van build.