48-Volt Nations Secondary Alternator with Wakespeed WS500 Regulator
The Nations 48-volt kit includes the 100 amp alternator, mounting brackets/accessories, and the Wakespeed WS500 regulator that will ship pre-configured for your system. We also include the Wakespeed “Van Harness” that you’ll need for a complete system.
2x -OR-4x, 24-Volt, Victron Energy Smart Lithium Batteries
State-of-the-art lithium batteries featuring high-capacity, small form factor, and CAN bus communication with the Wakespeed regulator for fast, reliable, and safe recharging. This bundle includes your choice of either 2x or 4x 200Ah, 24-volt batteries that will be wired in series to create a 200Ah/400Ah battery bank at 48-volts which is equivalent to an 800Ah/1,600Ah battery bank at 12-volts.
Victron Energy MultiPlus II Inverter Charger
Choose between the MultiPlus II 48/3000/35 or the larger MultiPlus II 48/5000/70. Our example wiring diagrams show the 48/3000/35. If you choose the 48/5000/70 you should use 2/0 AWG wire between the Lynx Distributor and the MultiPlus DC supply for up to 5 meters of cable length. See manual for details.
Littelfuse MIDI Fuse Holder (3 Position)
This is a handy, compact way to add a secondary positive bus bar for smaller loads/chargers in the system that is downstream from the main bus bars (Lynx Distributor) as we show in our example wiring diagram.
Victron Energy Lynx Smart BMS
The Lynx Smart BMS is a combination of the BMS (battery management system) for your batteries, a battery monitoring shunt, and an integrated 500 amp “contactor” (main disconnect switch) that can be triggered by the batteries when needed or manually to disconnect the system from your batteries.
Victron Energy Lynx Distributor
The Lynx Distributor is a modular DC bus bar, with locations for four DC fuses. It will monitor the status of each fuse, and indicate its condition with a LED on the front. Part of the modular Lynx distribution system.
The bundle includes the following cables:
- 1x Victron Energy Shunt – 500A/50mV for monitoring the current produced by the Nations alternator
- 1x set of M8 battery cables required to connect your battery bank to the Victron Lynx Smart BMS (you can choose the length)
- 2x VE.Bus/VE.Can cables – one to connect the MultiPlus inverter/charger to the Cerbo GX and the other to connect the Lynx Smart BMS to the Cerbo GX (you can choose length)
- 1x Wakespeed to Victron VE.Can crossover cable and data terminator
- 1x Blue Sea ML Link that happens to be sized perfectly to wire the two included batteries in series (details in the blog post that accompanies this product bundle). 2x are included with the 4x battery option.
- If you add a solar charge controller, we will include a 3′ VE.Direct cable to connect that to the Cerbo GX.
The bundle includes the following fuses that correspond to what is shown in the example wiring diagram (be sure to zoom in on the PDF!)
- 2x battery option:
- 4x battery option:
- 2x 125A (58V) mega fuses (one for the Nations alternator charging output, another for the MultiPlus inverter/charger
- 1x 60A (70V) mega fuse for a solar charge controller charging output)
- 1x 80 (70V) mega fuse to feed the secondary bus bar
- 2x 30A (48V) MIDI fuses (one for each Orion DC-DC converters).
- 3x 5 amp, quick blow glass tube fuse
- Note, you may wish to purchase (separately) additional fuse(s) for other 48-volt DC loads such as an air conditioner. For example, Nomadic Cooling 48-volt X3 air conditioner calls for a 50 amp fuse.
Electrical/Power System Products
When purchasing electrical system components, the customer acknowledges that they are responsible for installing the products safely according to the manufacturer's guidelines and using the correct wiring and configuration. Any damage caused to products, vehicle or person is the sole responsibility of the customer. The team at Vanlife Outfitters is happy to answer any product questions and we'll do our best to help you design and troubleshoot your system. We also offer a wide range of example power systems and other informational content. If you need help understanding power systems, designing your particular power system or troubleshooting complex issues on systems we did not provide/sell, we offer consulting services for camper van electrical systems. We highly recommend that you have your electrical system installed by a qualified ABYC or Victron Energy certified technician.